This Thursday, November 18, Grenoble Ecole de Management was laying the foundation stone of its future Parisian Campus. A stone which is actually a wooden beam, to symbolize the wooden structure of this coming Zero waste campus! GEM is supported, in this significative development, by the architect agency Chartier Dalix, the real estate developer PRD OFFICE, the investor La Française, SEMIP and the City of Pantin. The opening is planned for September 2023.
Grenoble Ecole de Management had a campus in Paris since 2014. After occupying a campus in the 16th Arrondissement (1500m2 with 500 students and 6 training programs), the School then moved to its current buildingat the beginning of 2020 in the 14th arrondissement of Paris (2,500 m2 with 1,000 students on-campus and 10 training programs), while awaiting the delivery of its 2023 campus.
The Paris Campus will make it possible for GEM to develop its executive education training for companies, bachelors programs as well as international programs especially for foreign students (with 3 MSc's: Luxury; Finance; International Business).
6 000 m2 in Pantin
« Pantin is the choice of audacity, but also of openness to the city and its local ecosystem.
Like the St Bruno district and the Scientific Peninsula in Grenoble, Pantin is a green area close to Paris crossed by the Ourcq canal, and nearby major cultural facilities such as the Philharmonie de Paris and the Grandes Serres. A neighbourhood that has been profoundly transformed in recent years and where strong economic players have chosen to settle: BNP (Les Grands Moulins), La Banque de France, Hermès, Chanel, BETC (Les Magasins Généraux). » explains Emily Rocher, GEM Paris 2023 project manager with JeanPhilippe Rennard.
Located at 183 avenue Jean Lolive - 93500 Pantin (France), the future GEM campus in Paris is
« Future Proof ». The campus, including 6 floors within 2 buildings, will be able to welcome a total of 1,500 students simultaneously, that is 2,500 students per year. A 300-seat auditorium will enable to host all types of events, additionally to 20 completely modular classrooms, along with a wide variety of workspaces, relaxation and exchanges areas, a rooftop terrace with trees…
A campus synonym of School of the Future and Ecological Transition
This new building has to be a support for our purpose as school: to bring answers, thanks to training and research, to the major challenges of ecological, societal and economical transitions. As a masterpiece of GEM's 2020-2025 strategic plan this project includes the very last technologies of virtual reality and artificial intelligence, and opens new pedagogical perspectives, such as the pedagogy through emotions. »
With this eco-friendly building the Chartier Dalix architect agency takes up an evident architectural challenge.
The GEM's future Paris 2023 Campus will be:
- Wooden structured
- Eco-Certified C3/C1 integrating renewable energies and low CO2 emissions
- Conceived using bio-based materials
- Biodiversity labelled with wooded spaces on its plot , plus a rooftop terrace created by a team of landscape-ecology experts
- Soft-mobility-friendly thanks to the new-generation tramways (TZen) and an indoor car park reserved for bicycles and soft mobility modes.
GEM's 2020-2025 strategic plan is made from 3 key-pillars:
- Management, Technology & Innovation (MTI): Through our expertise, our ability to anticipate and support transitions, in close connection with our territory and ecosystem, to respond to the great challenges of the 21st century and to ensure sustainable development for organizations leading prosperity and peace.
- GEM for Society: To create the School of the Future for a more resilient, just, peaceful, responsible world and be recognized as one of the most innovative and influential schools of its time.
- New Business Models: To catch and secure new sources of value creation and operational excellence, and be part, by 5 years, of the Best Workplaces in France.